Saturday, June 18, 2011

# 98 - You think I'm weak, I think you're wrong.

Is it not just the most annoying feeling in the world when people underestimate you? It can be in the field of work, or study, or usually, and more commonly you will find, that people think that you are 'weak', or not emotionally strong enough to bear/undertake/withstand this, this or that.


It angers me to no end. I am not afraid to ask for help if I need it, I know that we all need to sometimes, but if there is anything that I hate is being pitied or taken for granted. There are two aspects to this:


1- Pity : Oh dear, look at her, such a lovely girl, pretty, from a good family, well-educated and earns a decent income,  why o why can't she find a good guy? POOR THING, LETS ALL PRAY THAT SHE GETS MARRIED REAL SOON BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY SHE MUST BE DESPERATE TO GET MARRIED -IT'S NOT THAT SHE HAS A LIFE OF HER OWN, AFTER ALL, ISN'T THAT JUST THE ENITRE POINT OF ONE'S LIFE?? 


.... I mean excuse me? 

What the f*** is it to you if I am in my mid twenties and not married yet? Am I living on your money? Do I look like I am desperate all the time?. Of course I want to settle down some day, and soon, but why can't everyone just leave that up to me, it is my life is it not?


2-Being taken for granted : This is my favourite one. It has happened with me at least once, or maybe twice, in my life, that I have been severely taken for granted. Just because I have been over accommodating it has been assumed that I will never really take that step and say 'STOP' or that I will always be there to take crap when it is presented. I won't. I have only done so far, because I cared, and I still care, but all my caring just stops a tiny weeny bit short of a little something I'd like to say is called 'self respect'.







 Learnt it the hard way, and I am still learning. Baby steps I guess :)

I feel much better now that I have vented. Let me share a picture of myself with you all. I normally would not- not really my 'blog-policy', but eh, what the hell, just this once.


I'm beautiful in my way, cause God makes no mistakes :)





3 comments:

  1. Haha yeah, the marrying thing is pretty ridiculous. You're completely right about it being your life. Obviously, no stranger should interfere with it. LOL at the turtle picture xD

    Cool tattoo! And nice picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the guy above. The whole marriage thing can be a bit of a pain where the sun-don't-shine. That was meant more metaphorically than literally.
    People should worry more about about their business than other's. Things would be better that way 8-).

    The turtle picture was great and you are beautiful :).

    Take care!
    I hope people start seeing your true worth ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this turtle loves you.

    hey i just referred to myself as a turtle. :O

    i do like that picture of yours. quite endEARing (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry about that)

    i agree with Nas and chocolatemilk! stupid aunties!

    ReplyDelete